Saturday, September 10, 2011

Character Awards

I am happy to announce that our first two character awards were given to Alexis Caetano and Skyler Grant on Friday.

Alexis’ award was given for “courage.” Alexis has been working and trying very hard. She is determined to write well and provides the class with stories she reads in the “author’s chair” that make her friends laugh. I have already seen her take risks in writing in the first two weeks of school.

Skyler was given a character award for “responsibility.” I often catch Skyler helping her peers. All the students in the class go to Skyler first for help if they are unsure about directions or want help spelling a word. She is patient and kind with her peers and always takes the time to explain to them.

I am very proud of both these students. I am always looking for students who exhibit good character.

Congratulations to Alexis and Skyler!

Reminders:

Students should take home their homework folders every day and bring them back the following day. I occasionally add notes for you or permission slips. The book log should stay in the folder at all times.

If your student is out for sickness or vacation please contact me so I can provide some catch-up work for them. Notification to the school (for vacation) is required two weeks beforehand.

Have your student eat plenty of nutritious food and get lots of sleep. I welcome any snack foods for the students for our “afternoon” snack. Please avoid sugary snacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment